How to Lose Upper Thigh Fat
While you can’t lose fat from just one area, following a general weight-loss and toning program can help you zero in on problem areas. Your progress may seem slow, but that’s because you lose fat all over your body at an even rate —- if your thighs are where you store fat, there is more fat there to burn off. It will come off eventually, however, and in the meantime you can work the thigh muscles to firm and lift the area for a more streamlined look.
Multiply your weight by 10 if you’re female or 13 if you’re male. Add the number of calories you burn through exercise each day to determine your daily calorie needs. This will be the total you need to maintain your current weight, the University of Maryland Medical Center explains; to lose weight, aim to subtract around 500 calories per day to lose about 1 pound per week.
Get 45 to 65 percent of your calories from carbohydrates, 10 to 35 percent from protein and 20 to 35 percent from fat, Weight Watchers recommends. If you start feeling more fatigued, raise your carbs and lower your protein. If you want to build muscle, lower your carbs and raise your protein.
Get an hour of cardiovascular exercise five days per week. Walking, running, cycling and aerobics all target the legs, and can help tone thigh muscles while you burn fat.
Subtract your age from 226 for women or 220 for men; the result is your maximum heart rate. Keeping your heart rate within 50 to 70 percent of this number during your cardio workout will ensure that 85 percent of the calories you burn will come from stored fat, according to website The Walking Site.
Add short intervals of increased intensity —- working at about 70 to 80 percent of your maximum heart rate —- to your workouts to boost the total number of calories burned. Working at this level burns more carbs than fat, but if it’s only a small portion of your workout at the 50 to 70 percent level, it will make you burn more calories overall while the easier intervals ensure that most of the burn still comes from fat.
Add strength training to your routine at least twice per week. If you have access to a gym, the leg abductor and adductor machines will target the areas you’re trying to tone. If you don’t, try squats and lunges with weights. Working your glutes will also help lift the whole area.
Do Pilates for an intense leg-toning workout. Moves like leg circles and leg circles with bridge are much more difficult than they look, but if it’s too easy, try tracing the alphabet with your foot instead of circles. Pilates calls upon entire muscle groups, including deep muscles that don’t normally get much stimulation, the ShapeFit website explains. You’ll notice the burn the next day, and the visual results within weeks.
inner thigh http://health-heaven.tumblr.com/post/6255502181/the-most-efficient-three-inner-thigh-exercises
I get at least 2 thigh questions per day, so this is for all you guys!
- startswithg00dbye likes this
- ezoxo likes this
- paedophiles reblogged this from melanie-is-healthy
- nigga-chan likes this
- littledietdiary reblogged this from daystodelight
- hisownisyou likes this
- perfectdesirexoxo reblogged this from health-heaven
- perlaruizg likes this
- strength-in-fitness1 reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- brenovation reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- diary-ofa-dumpydiiva reblogged this from muscle-over-bone
- iwillbegorgeousandskinny likes this
- alphagetdefined reblogged this from muscle-over-bone
- pwcorn likes this
- kdignes likes this
- losing-it-in-london likes this
- thegirl-whoenjoys-thebeats likes this
- strengthintea reblogged this from muscle-over-bone
- mikimousetime likes this
- runjogsweat reblogged this from muscle-over-bone
- muscle-over-bone reblogged this from watchmewinthin
- just-doing-it reblogged this from watchmewinthin
- thinlikeari likes this
- imurderfruit likes this
- diaphanouscoquetry likes this
- b-4-k-e-d likes this
- stepbystepxox likes this
- fitmehappy reblogged this from watchmewinthin
- healthy-d1ary reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- muscle-over-bone likes this
- skinny-pink-love likes this
- healthy-d1ary likes this
- indieless likes this
- fitness-monsterz reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- watchmewinthin reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- smallcocksissy likes this
- the-bestme-i-can-be reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- the-bestme-i-can-be likes this
- minetonite likes this
- kealindoubleyou likes this
- jamaicazafatass reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- jamaicazafatass likes this
- thinmepretty110 reblogged this from tryforthin
- thinmepretty110 likes this
- tryforthin reblogged this from thigh-gaps
- meloncolliebabe7 reblogged this from health-heaven
- this-wicked-mind reblogged this from beinghealthyisyourchoice